Contest #7 Crock Pot Recipes
Recipe Creator: Shana Popyk
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound hot Italian sausage
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup chopped parsley
- In a large bowl combine ingredients.
- Cut low moisture mozzarella cheese into 3/4 inch cubes cubes.
- Roll golf ball sized balls with the meat mixture. (I also used an ice cream scooper to make sure they are the same size) Squish mozzarella cube into the center and pull the edges of the meat ball around it until it’s a new ball again.
- Arrange meatballs in slow cooker and cover in tomato sauce.
- Cook on high for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 2 spaghetti squash 1/2 inch on both ends then discard.
- Cut crosswise about 1 inch thick rings.
- Remove seeds and trim from inner ring.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, smoked paprika on both sides.
- Roast until tender about 30 minutes.
- Take out and cool enough to handle and run fork along skin, to remove skin.
- Toss with your gooey cheesy meatballs and top with parmesan cheese.
Meet The Chef:
When I’m not working that 9-5 grind you can usually find me whipping something up in the kitchen. I’ve been interested in cooking for a while now, back when there was actual cooking shows on The Food Network I would watch it for hours and make my own version of dishes. One issue I have is I can never just follow a recipe I have to make it my own. Therefore I’m not a baker. Too many rules! All about making healthier versions of dishes and making life easier with cleanup in one pot dishes. I have no problem working all day and cooking all night, it is definitely relaxing for me!